A Tribute To Dianne Wright
I remember being little and staying with Dianne in her condo in Centerville. Every time I would stay with her she would fix me Chef Boyardee beef raviolis. She had this big stuffed animal that was a buffalo and I would pretend to ride it around her condo. I remember sitting in her bed watching Channel 2 News with her every night.
When I was little, my mom had bought me two Siamese kittens, Samson and Elijah. Although I loved those kittens....I didn't care much for the little box (imagine that). When mom had mentioned to Dianne that we needed to get rid of those kittens, Dianne jumped at the chance to take them. She LOVED those two cats! I remember her always saying that even though she had them....they were always my cats. Dianne always made me feel happy! I loved going to stay with her.
When Dianne moved back home to Iowa, I always wished I could see her again. In the last few weeks, knowing that she was sick, the urge to go to Iowa grew stronger. Mom and I had no idea that she would pass this quick.
Dianne, I will never forget you and I will always cherish the memories I had of you. Love you!
DIANNE WRIGHT
Dianne Lee Wright 1942 ~ 2011 Dianne Lee Wright, daughter of John L. and Harriet L. (Bolon) Wright, passed away Sunday, February 6, 2011, at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. Her unshakable faith in God saw her through a number of serious and painful illnesses over the past several years. Dianne was born February 1, 1942 in Des Moines, Iowa. She was a graduate of Valley High School in West Des Moines, and attended the University of Wyoming in Laramie. She worked for Stuart Macomber, President of Valley National Bank for a number of years, and later as the front desk manager at Ramada Inns. Dianne loved the mountains so she moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where she continued working with the Ramada Inns. Missing her family, Dianne returned to Des Moines for an extended visit. The mountains once again lured her to her position as Land Law Examiner with the Federal Bureau of Land Management in Salt Lake City where she remained for 20 years, taking early retirement to be with her mother who had suffered a stroke. Dianne thoroughly enjoyed her job with the BLM and loved the people who worked with her, many of them becoming lifelong friends. For many years Dianne had a Winnebago motor home which became a weekend getaway for her and her friends. Dianne traveled twice to Europe, particularly enjoying Ireland and visiting relatives on her mother's side. We used to kid Dianne that although her greatest loves were her family and her animals we were never sure in the event of a crisis who she would save first. Dianne never gave up on her beloved Chicago Cubs, and recently added the Yankees in support of her sister. A true conservative, she liked nothing better than having a resounding debate on the issues. Dianne had many causes and she supported them passionately. Among these were the Best Friends Horse Rescue in Utah, Animal Rescue League in Des Moines, American Indian Foundation, her church, and many legitimate veterans organizations. She loved the outdoors, gardening and her flowers. Dianne's love of trees came about naturally. Her father and mother began Wright Tree Service in 1933, which is today among the largest and most highly respected utility line clearance companies in the country. As a kid on summer vacations, Dianne, along with her siblings and her mother, spent many summer days in the alleys of small western towns counting trees on utility lines for her father's contract estimates. Dianne is survived by her sisters Celia S. Wright of West Des Moines; and Linda N. Wright of rural De Soto; nieces and nephews Laura M. Wright, Heather L. Wright, Jennifer L. Wenslay, and Elena K. (Rick) Hanson; great nieces Josephine Wright and Kathryn Rozanek; many cousins and friends. We also want to remember Mary Ann and Ann who so devotedly cared for Dianne during the last phase of her illness. She was preceded in death by her parents, her brother John R. Wright, grandparents, and many aunts, uncles and cousins. All services will be held at Central Presbyterian Church on Saturday, February 12. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with the funeral service to follow immediately after. A light lunch will be served. A private family burial will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Central Presbyterian Church, or Iowa Cancer Society .



<< Home