Coming out the other end?
Because I had been up all night, I knew I needed to get some sleep (especially if I was going to end up in "true" labor)! That's when the problems arose! I tried everything to go to sleep! Benedryl , Tylenol Pm, nothing seemed to work! I was in too much pain to sleep. I then decided that enough was enough and that I was going in to the hospital and STAYING! I called the hospital and informed them of my decision.
Once we got back to the hospital they admitted us and put us in a real room! We were not leaving the hospital with out Kennedy! It was now 11:30pm Sunday night. Phew what a long painful day! I finally was given some Morphine for the pain and around the same time I received my epidural. Life was now good!
Around 1am Monday morning we decided to call our moms. They both crawled out of bed and headed down to the hospital.
It was now 6:30am Monday morning and with Dustin sleeping face down on the recliner next to me, I quickly feel a huge amount of pressure in my "southern region". It was time! I informed the nurse that I was feeling that pressure and she decided that she would check me. I was a 10! HOLY CRAP! The nurse told me not to push and that they had to call the doctor. How in the world do you NOT PUSH?!? It took 45 minutes for the doctor to come and right before she entered the room the NOT PUSHING got to me so much that I had to vomit! It was almost like Kennedy was going to come out the other end!
Then all of a sudden, Dr Alexandra Eller walked into the room! HALLELUJAH! I don't remember much about the staff getting the room ready, I just remember being so thankful that the doctor was finally in the room! Dr Eller made the whole experience wonderful. It was actually kind of relaxing (remember that I had the epidural though)! A few sets of pushes and POW....Kennedy was here! My life at that point had a new meaning! She was my life! She is my life! What a life changing moment! Miss Kennedy Francis came in weighing 6lbs 6oz and 191/2 inches long. She was born at 7:13am on Monday August 30 2010!



<< Home