April 14, 2010

Too Many Eternities!!!

So about three weeks ago mom offered to pay for Dustin and I to go to Fetal Studios for a gender prediction. At the time I was 14 weeks and 3 days, which was a little early to predict the gender but I just couldn’t stand it anymore!


The man that performed the ultra sound was, I think, a Czechoslovakian who could barely speak English. He said that we were going to have a little…..GIRL! I was so friggin excited I could barely stand it. Dustin, on the other hand didn’t want me to get my hopes up because this was a place in a mall and like I said before, it was a man who couldn’t really speak English. I could definitely understand where Dustin was coming from, but I couldn’t help but believe him!






We decided to tell the family that the gender prediction said it was going to be a girl but that we were going to wait to buy clothes until we went to the doctor for confirmation.



How we told the family…

I wanted to do something unique and cute. The only thing I could think of was wrapping up a bunch of little Mounds (Almond Joy’s have nuts, Mounds don’t) and passing them out to the family and have them guess what it meant. In each group there was only one person who guessed it! Dustin's family was so excited, especially Brendan and Jackson. I think Brendan and Jackson were just excited that it wasn’t going to be a Monkey! My family, especially mom and grandma, were so excited they could barely stand it! I will post videos soon!





The doctor’s appointment following the Fetal Studio’s visit was just a week later, but it felt like an eternity! At every doctors visit they do an ultra sound and then we go through my list of questions. This time…..they weren’t planning on doing an ultra sound! POOP! I asked if they could do one and explained why we were so anxious. They switched us rooms and did the ultra sound. THEY COULDN’T TELL! OMG…really? I have to wait another three eternities? GRRR!



Ok, so, the three eternities have come and gone and yesterday was our scheduled appointment for the BIG ultra sound. As Dustin and I are sitting in the room, the ultra sound technician had to do a bunch of measuring of all the organs. This ultra sound was pretty cool in that we could see all the detailed parts, like the lips and the parts of the brain. This wild child was moving all around and when it came time for the big gender check, the baby decided to curl up and hide the area from us! Please DO NOT tell me we have to wait a couple more eternities! The technician informed us that the doctor was going to come in and take a peek at a few things and hopefully by then the baby will have decided to not me so dang modest!



The doctor comes in and my first question… “Can you check to see what the baby is”? You’d think I was anxious or something! And the moment we’ve all been waiting for…….







It’s FOR SURE a girl! Yay! I can’t believe that we are going to have a baby girl! I said to Dustin “thanks for our little girl” and he replied “you're welcome, we’re trying for another”! LOL! Hopefully the next one will be a little boy! So the name that we have decided on this far is Kennedy Lynne Francis. Oh, it’s so weird to see it in writing (typing)!




Here are a few more pictures of Kennedy and I’ll (hopefully) get the videos up soon! Love you all and sorry for the HUGE delay on my update!