February 23, 2010

WILD CHILD!!!

So our last appointment was on the 16th of February and I was exactly 9 weeks pregnant (a little late to be updating now I know). Unfortunately Dustin could not get off work and I knew my mom was dying to go with me, so I decided to invite her along.

Side note - While mom and I were sitting in the waiting room, she offered me a mint. As I took the mint one of the doctors walked by and commented “aww how nice…your mom takes care of you”. The funny thing was that the little mint box was labeled “take a mint BITCH”. Too funny!

Ok, back on track about the appointment. Up until now, all we have been able to see on the ultrasound is a blob within a larger blob (not very interesting). This time we were able to see the head, arms, legs and bum! What a wild child! As mom and I watched the screen, as if it were the Queen of England, we notice that the little bambino is flailing its arms and legs all around! I don’t know where all the activity was coming from; you see I have not had any sort of caffeine (soda or coffee) at all during this pregnancy! WILD CHILD! So weird to see something moving inside you and not being able to feel it (yet).

The next task the doctor wanted me to do is get on the almighty scale. Dreadfully I step onto this huge machine and it brings up “0 lbs”! WHOO HOO, it’s the lightest I have ever weighed! Unfortunately the doctor had zeroed the scale with me on it! So….the weight I have gained since I found out (6 weeks ago) I was prego…4 lbs…YES FOUR POUNDS! Yee haw! Hopefully I can continue to gain at this rate.

So our next appointment is Tuesday March 2nd. At that point I will be 12 weeks along FINALLY! Good news….I will be passing my first trimester (and hopefully the morning sickness)! Most of the worries about a miscarriage will have passed! I will update after our next appointment, in the meantime….check out my WILD CHILD!